Sunday, April 4, 2010

She's so funny...

Ab and her cousin, Zoe, while in AR last week.

Just a few cute stories from Abby this weekend...

  • I was babysitting Claire and Grant on Friday, and on our way to the car Kristine said to Abby, "Is the Easter Bunny going to come to your house this weekend?" And Abby says, very loud by Claire, who is almost three, "The Easter Bunny is not real." Hmmm..., well, that was news to me. Then we went to Giant yesterday to do some grocery shopping, and on the PA they announced that the easter bunny would be hopping around. So Abby says to me, "The Easter Bunny is actually a human. Right?" I said, "Yes." Then we saw the easter bunny, who was a teenage girl, and Abby says, "See, it's a human, and a girl," while basically rolling her eyes. Can't get one past Abby. Kind of sad though. I guess the magic has been disappearing for sometime though. At Christmas she was very confused by all of the different "Santa Clauses" and was very upset when the mall Santa did not know her name.
  • Today at dinner I told Abby that I had the best job in the world, and did she know what it was. She said, "Taking care of your kids?" I said, "That's right. Taking care of you and Drew." Then she whispered to me, "Yeah, and Daddy has the boring job, huh?" She's learning quickly. No, I tried explaining to her that that is why Daddy is so special. Even though his job is boring he does it for us. Then she told us that she is going to be two doctors (veterinarian and pediatrician), a mommy, a cowgirl and a rock star.
  • And last, from our little diva.... Adam was talking about when he played soccer as a kid and Abby asked him how old he had been. Adam told her that he started when he was her age, so I said, "Abby, you can play soccer to if you want to." And she said, "No! I am not a soccer girl, I am a ballerina." Awww, Abby. Then she said that Drew would do those things instead.

3 comments:

The Piersons said...

Good stories, Abby she is such a funny girl. I agree though, she is a ballerina. :)

Chelle said...

Sounds like Abby is quite the practical little lady! At least you won't have to deal with the devastation of the kid who finally realizes those people like Santa Claus really don't exist. And I LOVE the pics of your kids at the top. They are so beautiful!

Lynsey said...

Your kids are getting so big! Yes we are moving to Dallas in August. What about you guys?

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker