Friday, November 16, 2007

Our first posting...


Okay, we finally decided to join in and get our blog going. Please be patient with me, though, because I am having a hard time, for whatever reason, figuring this thing out. I'm sure that everyone is sitting there thinking, "It's so easy..." I don't know. Blame it on the pregnancy.

I'll give just a basic of what is going on with my little family, since we haven't had a chance to keep up with people as much as we would like to.

Adam and I moved to the DC at the end of August so that Adam could start law school at Georgetown. While he's busy up at school and I have been nannying a little girl with Abby. We've had a lot of fun and Abby has been a great helper. I think she's getting a lot of practice for our new baby. I just went to the doctor for the first time today (don't ask why it took me until 16 weeks to make it) but everything went well and is running smoothly. My due date is May 4th... right in the middle of Adam's finals. We are really excited about this new addition to our family. Abby's excited to see if she'll be getting a baby brother or sister. She's been especially concerned to see if the baby hurts me or not, and I try reassuring her as much as possible that I feel great. She's such a sweet girl.

Adam's studies seem to be going well. He is really beginning to feel the pressure, but he's handling it like a pro. He's really made an effort lately to come home and eat dinner with us, before he locks himself in our room to study. We've really enjoyed having him around more. Abby is going through a princess stage and she calls Adam her prince and tries to get as many kisses as she can.

All in all we're happy to be where we are and can't believe how quickly the time is flying. We're looking forward to the holidays and the break it will bring.

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey, Cass! I'm so glad you're blogging! It'll be great to keep in touch with you so much easier! Keep the posts coming!

Unknown said...

Yeah! So glad you started a blog. Congratulations on being pregnant...that's so exciting!

Anonymous said...

We're so glad everything is going well and are excited to know what's happening with your family.

The Barkers said...

Thought I would leave a comment so you would know our blog, too!!! Glad to hear everything is going to great! Can't wait to see you at Christmas!!!

Sarah said...

congratulations on that new baby! I'm way excited you guys are out east with us now...maybe we'll swing by DC this spring!

Kellie said...

Yay for blogging! It's such a fun way to keep up with what's going on with people. Congrats on the new baby - having two is fun.

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

So glad you joined the blog world so we can keep up with all that's happening with you! Happy the pregnancy is going well!

Sarah said...

I tagged you in a meme!

The Olsen's said...

Glad you finally made it to the doctor. Are you planning to find out the gender so we can send you a gift for new baby. Welcome to the wide world of blogging.

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker