Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Back to real life...

Well, I am back at work (well, I have been for over a week) but Adam is also back in school and we are getting back into a routine. We really enjoyed having Adam home more and it's been really sad not being able to see him as much. Especially for Abby. She really looks forward to coming home from work and cuddling with him on the couch to watch soccer or Little Bear before she goes to bed. It's just not the same without him.

Abby and I have been having a great time with Claire this past week. Claire just cut her first tooth and is beginning to crawl. She idolizes Abby and now loves to follow her anywhere she goes. Abby has been doing a great job sharing and taking care of Claire. Well, sometimes. Today we were on our way back from Walmart and Claire started crying because she was just ready to be in her bed. Usually Abby will sing to her to help her calm down, but today I heard a lot of, "Stop crying Claire! Gosh! Just stop crying!" We all have our days I guess.

We've been getting a lot of pretty great looks while we are out and about lately. Whether or not we're at the store, library or park people just stare, and I even get some comments once in awhile. I guess it does look funny having a two year old, 8 month old and a bulging tummy. I try to explain to people that I just watch Claire if they attempt to bug me about it. I'm really interested to see what happens once the baby is born and I have a double stroller and a baby in a baby bjorn. I think it's funny.

Adam is getting really busy with school and we are just grateful for any part of him we can get. We'll be glad when this year is over with, but we are very grateful to be here and for the great education he is getting.

Now, I better go finish cleaning my house that is still a disaster from Christmas break.

Oh, just a side note, we finally got a little bit of snow here today. Abby just kept saying, "Yeah, it's snowing... it's Christmas... PRESENTS!" That was a tough conversation. She's such a sweet, funny girl.

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Hey, I went to WalMart too:) I went up to Germantown and when I left the store it was snowing! But by the time I got back to 495 it was clear. Weird...
We didn't get any snow here, too bad.

The Piersons said...

Cassie, thanks for your sweet notes. That was so nice of y'all. We miss you guys so much! Tell Abby Hi from us. How are you feeling?

Day Family Blog said...

I bet you get some good looks. I mean if they were all yours you really would be crazy, I mean I guess some people can do it, but I couldn't. Are you having a boy or a girl? Hope you are feeling well.

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker