We had a fun breakfast of hot cocoa (with marshmallows, of course) and oatmeal. We talked to Abby on the video camera about random things. Here is that video. It's kind of long, but enjoyable.
After that Abby and I went to Walmart to get her and the baby a dresser. Yes, Abby is almost three and has never had a real dresser, so it was time. Don't get me started about how frustrated I get at Walmart when trying to get help. Here I am, 6 months pregnant with a preschooler and it felt like pulling teeth getting ANYONE to help first, get the dresser in the cart, and then find someone to help me get it to the car. And that guy refused to go out to my car because it was too cold, so I had to go get the car and bring it up to the door, so he could be in the cold as little as possible. It wasn't freezing... I want to say it was at least in the high 30's. OK, I'm do venting.
Then we went to the grocery store and
got things for a picnic. Abby was so excited to have a picnic with her daddy. It took awhile to get through shopping because Abby had to stop every five feet to eat another grape, but it was really fun just being with her. We got home and set up with a big blanket in the living room. Here's our picnic. It was so much fun.
Then we had to sadly say goodbye to Adam and drop him off at the metro. I heard a lot of, "I miss Daddy!" comments tonight. Abby really loves her daddy. We just took naps, ate dinner, threw a few fits, took a bath and went to bed. Then I got to put the dresser together. It turned out... alright. Anyways, back to work and school tomorrow, but we sure do love the time together. We hope everyone had an equally fun day/weekend.





5 comments:
What a fun day off! What a great idea- to have a pinic:)I'll have to remember that for future winter days. And cute video too. Abby's a cutie.
Abby is so darn cute. I love the words she said on the clip. ADORABLE! What a great idea to have a picnic together. Those little moments mean so much when busy schedules tend to creep in. Sure love and miss you guys! We just switched to a private blog. I'm pretty sure I sent you an invitation, but if you can't get in for some reason, let me know! Love ya!
Cassie, I finally got the video to work on our computer, I love it, thanks for posting. We sure miss her, she is so cute. I can't believe you are already 6 months pregnant, time flies.
Hey! thanks for checking out my blog. I had seen your blog from Ruth's website. Through the blog I had caught up on all your happenings, like starting law school in DC and getting pregnant. You guys have been staying busy!! I am glad to hear all is going well!
I love the ticker that says the baby is preparing to roll their eyes for the teenage years or something like that, hilarious.
Post a Comment