Monday morning Adam turned to me before our alarm clock, aka Abby, ran into our room and said, "You know, this could be a great week, or a terrible week." I was aware of that. I think that is one of the hardest things about being married... having to see the person you love go through hard things and not being able to do a thing about it. Last week was the week to find out Mock Trial results and grades, along with that job opportunities. In the end he went through it all with flying colors. He made the team, which is very competitive, but for any of you who have ever had an argument with Adam, we know it was not surprising. :) And his grades were a great reflection of how hard he worked this past semester, so now we are just crossing our fingers for job opportunities this summer that will allow him to stay at home and be with us. We've felt very watched over and blessed.

As for my week, it was pretty much the same as always. Abby never fails to amaze me with her growth and sweetness. She has had a lot of opportunities to play with her friends this week and has loved every moment of it. Yesterday I was watching Em's two kids, Isabelle and Noah, and I walked in on the girls to see how they were doing and they were having a blessing over their tea party. So cute. It's just so fun to see the things they notice and emulate. She's also been getting very good with her, "Please may I..."'s which has been nice after months of waiting for those manners to come through. Don't get me wrong, she still has her many fits and bouts of impatience, but over all she's been a real joy. I'm so grateful to have a job where I can have her with me all day.
We really have been blessed. I was so grateful for a week that was full of joyful moments.

Tea Party with Daddy.

Nap time after a long day.

A day of playing pretty princess.
4 comments:
congratulations to you and Adam. Looks like all his hard work has paid off. Branson is also starting to get really good at manners too. I'm so relieved! Today at church he shared all his snacks and toys with everyone around us, and even said "may I please play with your jeep?" to the boy sitting behind us. It makes a Mom proud! :-)
Glad to hear the week turned out to be a great one. Congrats to Adam for making the mock team! And good job to Abby and Cassie! Abby for having good manenrs and Cassie for teaching them to her. I especially loved the story about her saying grace at the tea party. So precious!
Congratulations on Adam making it through another gauntlet. It's amazing how much stress they (and you!) have to endure. I finally got around to a tag from Sarah, dittoed by another buddy. So I tagged you in return. :) Hope this week goes smoothily for you all.
I was going to write you a mesasage, but decide heck...I will just call you instead!!! CAuse I CAN!!!
Post a Comment