Saturday, February 16, 2008

Random stuff...

This entry really doesn't have any purpose other than to put up some pictures. First is a pregnant picture of myself that I promised my mom. I carry very high even though it doesn't feel that way to me. I'm at 30 weeks about and am ready to be at 40. :)

Yesterday I took Abby and Claire to the park because the weather got up to 50 degrees. It was such a nice day. I wasn't feeling to great so wasn't able to play with Abby the way she wanted me to, so you'll see a picture of her with her head down, and this is her new thing... walking away with her head down to a corner or something and pretending to cry. Silly girl. As for Claire, she was perfect in the stroller. She turned 9 months old three days ago.

This is from Valentines night. A friend of ours, Carly, was very sweet and offered to watch Abby while Adam and I could go out and celebrate our anniversary. We went and got some frozen custard and talked. It was a lot of fun. Abby was... there is no word to describe how excited Abby was to see Carly. We all had dinner together where Abby had a very hard time not being the center of attention. She wanted all of Carly's attention, so she kept saying, "Let's talk about Carly!" So we'd say, "What do you want to talk about." "Ummm... Carly, I saw a runner today." And on and on with random facts of her day as long as she was the one talking to Carly. We took some pictures so that we could make Abby's Uncles, Aaron and Spencer, jealous that Carly got to spend time with Abby. Here are the pics.

These next ones are Abby's fashion show. I caught the Old Navy sale this week and bought her and her little brother some summer clothes. She wanted to show them off for her daddy. She is such a ham.

Last is a video of Abby. I know that the choice of songs is random but whatever. She loves to dance while singing, "Shake your body," a song she learned on Dora. And this week our gospel lesson has been focusing on prayer and I have been teaching her a prayer song. Her prayers have gotten much better. She can finally say one all by herself. She has a long list of "thankfuls" that tend to repeat themselves, but we think it's adorable. She's also really started to love hearing Scripture Scouts. Our commute is about 30 minutes each way, so we spend a good amount of time in the car everyday, so she's learned the songs very well. A couple of days ago we were in the grocery store and Abby was running down the isles singing at the top of her voice, "Wake up the world! Wake up the world! For Jesus is come, Jesus the son of God..." This was from the nativity part of the New Testament one. I got a lot of stares.


5 comments:

Crystal said...

That's so cute that she's learned a prayer song! I decided on my mission that one of my favorite things in the world is to hear someone saying a prayer for their first time...regaining communication with a Heavenly Father who has longed to hear from them for so long. I feel that same spirit when I hear Dallen pray. It helps me feel the love Heavenly Father has for him---and for me and how much he misses us and longs to hear from us. They're so sweet!

Sarah said...

I loved all the pictures Cassie, and I agree with your Mom, you are carrying high! You look so darn cute though! I love it. Abby is getting to be so big. I loved her shake your body and prayer song. Branson oftens wants to be shaking his body during prayers, so it made sense to me! :)

The Piersons said...

I love the video of Abby, too cute. And you are very right, Spencer and Aaron were so jealous that Carly got to watch Abby. Abby left Aaron a message and Aaron listens to it all the time and plays it for everyone who comes over. You look great too, 30 weeks already! Wow.

carly said...

Thanks SO much for letting me come visit you guys and spend time with Abby! She is such a doll and has so much personality, I love it! And Cassie I hope you're enjoying Faery Tale Theatre...i just love it-- totally takes me back to being a kid again.

Day Family Blog said...

You still look so thin for being 30 weeks, and it is your second so you are doing great. Abby is such a cutie.

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker