Sunday, June 15, 2008

Drew's "smile"

These are just a few pictures of Drew's beginning smiles. We'll put up more soon. He's been such a sweet baby. He is a great babywise baby and sleeps about 2 out of every 3 hours, and has started sleeping up to 7 hours at night. Unfortunately I was unaware of several foods that contain milk products, so he's been pretty sick lately, but now I'm aware that I can basically eat... NOTHING. Just kidding, but I've basically been subsisting on tuna, crackers and sandwiches, only to find out I can't eat tuna, crackers or sandwich meat and bread, so I will be eating fruit, vegtables and spoonfuls of peanut butter. :) Poor boy though, he's had such an upset tummy. If anyone has gone through this, any advice would be fantastic. Enjoy the pictures.


5 comments:

The Olsen's said...

Tortillas, refried beans, with lettuce and tomatoes, veggies sauted in olive oil and a piece of meat, you can find cookbooks for people who can't have any dairy. You should still be able to have eggs, fruit, veggies, rice, beans. I am so sorry I know how bad it stinks. Take it a month at a time and if you have to quite breastfeeding earlier than you did with Abby, it will be okay. They do have some great soy ice cream!!!

Trisha said...

That stinks, I'm sorry Cassie! His smile is super cute though:)
There's a girl in the Kensington ward, Elizabeth Toman, her baby is about 6 months now and she's had to do the same thing, no diary. I'll send you her email if you want. She's great:)
Hopefully he's ok with soy!

Holly said...

Oh Cass, I've been through that! I know you've been eating peanut butter, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has a peanut allergy. Also, soy milk has the same milk protein that regular milk has, so don't drink that and don't put him on that either! Rice milk, and rice products are good. They have these rice cracker that are yummy. Why can't you have bread or crackers? Pizza without cheese is surprisingly good! I'm going to call you soon so we can talk. Sorry you have to go through this!

Day Family Blog said...

They get big so fast, he already doesn't look like a newborn. He is so cute. I love it when they can finally smile at you. Sorry about the diet you have to be on. I can't believe it, but I guess it is either that or have a sick and cranky baby. We all know that the kid wins out over mom every time. Good luck keeping full.

Thompson family said...

Hey Cassie! I'm an expert on no dairy because of Mike. If you want to make a white sauce, use Mocha Mix Non-Dairy Creamer. If you need a margarine, Nucoa is the best. Mike loves Tofutti Vanilla Bark ice cream. Hagen Das(spelling?) makes a great Cocount sorbet. For bread you can use Sara Lee Delightful Wheat. For cake you can have Duncan Hines any mix, except for White. It says nonfat milk on the ingredients at the end, but there isn't any in it because Mike eats it. Oh and you can have Duncan Hines brownies, the family style fudge ones. Let me know if you need anymore tips! :) I'm used to reading labels.

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker