Monday, June 9, 2008

Back into our routine

We've been back two weeks and are finally getting into the swing of things. I went back to work the day after we got home and it was an... adjustment. But it didn't take long for things to fall back into a routine. Claire and Abby are getting along great, and Drew is a great "babywise" baby and sleeps most of the time.
He is 7 weeks now and I think I saw a glimpse of a smile this morning. He's been very sweet and good natured. I weighed him yesterday and he's at 8.6 lbs. Yeah! We discovered that he has an allergy or intolerance to dairy and was spitting up everything he ate whenever I had anything milk, cheese or butter, so I've had to say goodbye to yummy ice cream, cereal, cheese (which of course is enchiladas, casseroles...), but it's great seeing my sweet boy grow.
Abby is adjusting much better now that she is in a routine. She still loves being a big sister. Our goal now is to get her back on track with potty training. Ugh. I can't wait for this to be over.
Adam is working hard at his firm. He's been in San Fran for the past 5 days and we really missed him. It's nice to have him home again. We love the thought of getting him every evening and weekend without him having to think about school. Our new project is figuring out where he is going to apply for internships next summer and consequently where we'll live after school. He starts interviewing in a few months.
I am doing great. No more surgery pain, rashes, colds or headaches. We had a great time in California and I am so incredibly grateful for all of the help my parents gave me. I never could have done it without them. Now I'm back to doing it on my own and it's going alright. Three kids under the age of three can be a handful, but not as hard as I thought.
Our camera was broken on the trip home but as soon as we get our new one I will put up some more recent pictures of Drew and Abby. Enjoy. These are just a few more from our trip in California.
The flower girls at the wedding (they did a great job)
My family except Adam because he had to work
Abby and Camryn danced the night away (and fell alot laughing)
My grandma and Drew
Sean, Kristen and Abby
Ab, Camryn, Damien (my big bro) and Collin
Disneyland was a bit much and Abby took a catnap
Abby's favorite thing was meeting Ariel
Drew on his 1 month b-day (he loves to suck on his fist)


7 comments:

The Piersons said...

Cassie, yay, I've been waiting for new pictures of the kids. I am so happy that Drew is gaining weight-he will be so big the next time we see you guys, but so sad you can't eat ice cream. :) We want to hear updates on how Adam's work is going and everything too. I can't believe you are doing it with 3- you're amazing.
I'm so sorry you all got sick, I got the flu, it was nasty for about 24 hours but then I felt tons better, it was just horrible timing since I missed the blessing. :(

Anonymous said...

Your family looks great! I can't believe you have to give up dairy! That stinks because that's all the good stuff. I am so sorry. Good luck finding the internship for next summer and taking care of 3 little ones.

Kristin said...

We've had to deal with allergies for the last 3 1/2 years with Brady. I've got lots of dairy-free recipes and ideas for substitutes if you'd like some. Email me and I can forward them on. At least it's just milk and nothing else. We've got a whole list of things to watch out for. And I've know a lot of babies that grow out the milk allergy/intolerance by age 2. I feel your pain though, it's no fun! It took us until 18 months to figure out what was wrong!

Day Family Blog said...

I can't even imagine how hard ti would be to live without eating dairy products. I mean it would be hard, but I could give up ice cream, but we eat cereal daily and we love cheese. Good luck with that. It must be a super challenge managing 3 kids. Best wishes with potty training, I hate that stage.

Nicole said...

What cute pictures!! And such a fun trip! Sounds like you've been busy. I don't know how you're doing 3 kiddos...i'm busy enough with 2!!! HOw old is the little girl you watch?
I'm impressed. Seriously. :) Drew is such a sweet, cute little baby!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you figured out it was the dairy...but how hard! I'm not a huge dairy fan except for ice cream but it seems like it's in almost everything. Drew is a cutie and Abby's dimple is so adorable! :)

The Olsen's said...

Cassie, I am glad Drew is doing better. I know the whole no dairy things sucks. I did it for 4-5 months only and it did get easier as soon as you figured out what you could and couldn't have!!! We are surviving and having a fun time in all our adventures!!!

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker