Graduation day was interesting. We arrived home from California the night before, and arrived to rainy weather. But thankfully it wasn't too bad the day of graduation. Adam was dropped off by his parents (who were so wonderful to come and support Adam) in the early afternoon and we were able to join him after the kids had naps. They were suffering from jet lag and were very... wiggly. I don't know that they completely understood what was going on, but Abby did love Daddy's outfit.
It was great seeing Adam's friends and professors that have been so supportive over the past three years. Adam and I just kept pinching ourselves wondering if it was real. We reflected on the moment he received his first semester grades, or when Drew was born days before finals, or when Adam had a scratched cornea while writing a very important paper, of all the applications we sent out for jobs and clerkships, for the whirlwind interview process when Adam didn't see the kids for almost a week because he was flying in and out of town just so he could go to class, but also make his interviews. For the weekend course he tried to do from home only to be thwarted by the biggest snowstorm DC has ever had, plus a power outage, for the fun dates when the kids and I would meet Adam at school to catch him in between classes or study groups. For all the skype phone calls when Adam and the kids would kiss the screen and say good night. And so much more. It was all worth it. And we're finally done.
We are so proud of you Adam. Thank you for working so hard for our family. We love you more than anything.



v





7 comments:
What Cassie failed to mention was all her hard work over the last three years. I'll use this comment to tell Cassie, again, how much I appreciate her hard work in helping me in law school and being so great with our kids to make these years work. Without Cassie, graduation from law school would definitely not have happened. What a great support. I love you, honey.
such a sweet post and comment! Congrats you two...you both have so many reasons to be proud! I can't wait to hear about your next adventures.
Wow Congrats to your whole family!! What an accomplishment for all of you, I am so excited for you. What a sweet comment from Adam, I can't wait to see all the new adventures ahead for your little family. :)
Congratulations! How exciting! Best of luck for what the future holds. :)
All the hard work has paid off. That is a good feeling, congrats Adam!
We are so proud of Adam, he did a great job! And such fabulous pictures to document the day.
That is so exciting!!! Congrats you guys! And Cassie, you get the "PHT" degree--"Put Him Through." Go celebrate and do something awesome, you guys def deserve it!
Post a Comment