I guess it's about time I played catch-up and let everyone know what was going on. After a wonderful summer in Little Rock with Adam's family, we finally made it to El Dorado, AR. Where, you might say? It's a small town in SW Arkansas basically in the middle of nowhere, but it's surprisingly robust. It's about 16 sq miles with around 21,000 people. There is a nice hospital, a community college, and an arts center and symphony. We haven't gotten around to any of these, but they are there. Murphy Oil is based out here, and they've really revitalized the community. They have something called the El Dorado Promise, where they will pay for a person's college education (state school I'm assuming) if they graduate from High School in El Dorado. Crazy, huh? The downtown is really fun and they have quite a few things that go on. The fair was here last week, and next weekend is Now enough of the social studies lesson. Adam is really enjoying his job in Judge Shepherd's chambers. His commute is about 2 minutes, which is, of course, awesome. We get him home by 5:30 and he still has time to get his workout in at our amazing gym... a perk in El Dorado. We even get him home on the weekends. Amazing. The kids are loving it. Drew asks me all day "Where Daddy is?" It's great to be able to say he'll be home for dinner.
Abby is loving Kindergarten. Her school is a science and technology magnet school, and she loves all of the science experiments they do. Recently they've been learning a lot about different animals and their environments. Apparently they brought snakes in yesterday and she thought that was very cool. It's very interesting... there are 5 magnet schools out here: science and technology, art, athletics, recycling and nature, and... another one I can't remember.
Drew misses her during the day, but gets to go to Mothers Day Out twice a week, which he loves. When he wakes u
p in the morning I tell him he gets to go to his school and he starts jumping up and down yelling, "Yay!!" He's already made a few friends and seems to love the leaders.I in turn get to do my shopping and cleaning in peace and in quick order. It's amazing how much faster I am able to get things done, and how clean my house is... for those few minutes until the kids get home. No, really, it's much better than it has been in our entire marriage. I'm getting involved in the Girl Scouts Organization and with an organization called CASA, which I will write about later because I think everyone should get involved. And I get to go to the gym every day, which is heaven!
Anyways, now that the weather has cooled down, we feel pretty excited and blessed to be here. If you're in the area, feel free to come and play. :)





6 comments:
Sounds like things are going well! So, I am trying to figure out where you guys are in the school/career scheme of things. Is Adam doing an internship/clerkship this year and then you will find your "final resting spot" or what?
I'm glad you guys are liking it down there! I had a friend in grad school who was involved with CASA and she loved it. She even did her creative project around it: she created a drama therapy series (in theory, not practice) for training the CASA workers I believe.... Have fun!
So fun to see the cute pictures, sounds like you guys are doing really well. Oh you and I have very different ideas of heaven, mine includes much more napping and ice cream.
Glad to hear that everything is going well. Enjoy the time with Adam while you can, as you know next year will be crazy. Are you still planning on coming to Dallas? We should get together and have a girls day or something. is there anything between el dorado and dallas? btw there are also magnet schools out here too if you are still coming out here. Isn't mdo great. caden is in preschool every day and b goes to mdo twice a week. I use the time to get in some exercise or work on craft projects and such when i can. also what is CASA? thanks for posting, i need to catch up too.
Honestly Cassie, it sounds like life is just about perfect. Or just pretty dang good :) I'm so glad.
El Dorado sounds really nice, maybe you should just stay? I do wish you would just come on out to Utah.
And yes, tell us about CASA.
Wow Arkansas! That is crazy. It sounds so nice to be able to finally have Adam home more. Sounds like a dream job. You mentioned in your other post that you will only be there for a year? How is the challenge going? That CASA program sound wonderful too and right up your alley.
Post a Comment