It was a lot of fun working in a yard again. I haven't done it in years... since I lived with my parents. I remember my dad would have us out in the yard picking weeds on most weekends. I loved spending that time with him and my brothers (of course I probably didn't make it seem like I did at the time :)). But in retrospect... Adam and I talked about how large yards tend to be in Texas and we'd like to have one as well. So, we talked about whether or not we'd pay someone to come and take care of it or if we'd like to do it ourselves. Adam said he wanted to ride around in a riding lawn mower, and I just think it would be a fun thing to work on together as a family on the weekends. We'll see what happens when we actually have complaining children. :) But in the meantime, this one isn't complaining. Isn't she cute... (pay attention to her clothes... she is in a dress stage where I have to beg her to wear warm clothes underneath at least. Not very stylish but it gets the job done.)





7 comments:
So adorable! Why don't you guys just move here now. C'mon, don't make us wait!
I think we would pay someone to rake leaves- it is just not the most fun thing for me, especially because I have to do it when it is cold! (Also, I don't know if you know this tip, but to get the leaves from the backyard up to the front to be taken away, we load them into piles in the backyard and then transport them on a tarp.)
Oh and you might have luck in the spring finding a toy rake- we got ours with the sand toys.
Abby looks so completely adorable in the leaves. There's just something about kids in leaves. I love it!
too cute! i love those chubby cheeks and dimples. great pics in the leaves. you guys worked hard.
I love that mid air jump, I wish we could jump in our leaves, but with a dog that is too dangerous to try.
She looks like she's having a blast! So you guys are moving to Texas? Wow, that's where everyone's going! When do you move? And are you going back to D.C.? I think you said you were, but I can't remember. Good luck moving!
I want to see pics of this house! Yards are the best to play in, but I must say...not as fun to work in as we'd imagined. We still have plenty of good times and overall I enjoy it, but it's been very taxing for Terron. He's so busy that it's hard for him to mow the lawn even once a week. I'm from a family where women DO NOT mow the lawn, not that I could find a chance to do it anyways while still watching the boys -- especially in the front yard. So get a good-sized yard, but not huge. That's my two-cents anyways. :) And DON'T get a corner house! Then you're responsible for mowing and shoveling a lot more than everyone else. We'll never do that again.
Post a Comment