Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Abby is 3 going on 16, la-la, la la la laaaaa...

So, this last week we really laughed hard at some of Abby's sayings. First, on Sunday I was making dinner and Abby was insisting that she was soooooooo hungry (as always) and I told her that she couldn't eat because then she wouldn't eat her dinner. So, she proceeded to pull some yogurt out of the fridge and sat on the floor to eat it. I asked her to please put it back, and she did, but then she huffed, plopped on to the floor and yelled, "Mom! You're ruining my life!" Oh my gosh, where in the world did that come from. I started to laugh so hard, but then realized that she was very serious, so I got myself under control. We are in so much trouble. She said it to me again this morning when I told her that she had to put pants on under her dress (she always has to have a dress on) because it was 30 degrees outside.

The second situation happened this past week when Abby and I had a pretty rocky day. I just had no patience for her and she threw fits left and right. So, Adam got home from school and went into her room to say goodnight. He was talking to her about her day and asked her how it went. She told him that she got in a few timeouts. He said, "Yeah, I heard that you had some trouble today." So she said, "No... but Mommy wasn't very nice to me either." Oh boy. We thought we had a few years before we had to deal with this. That's it... no more Backyardigans or Barbie... it has to be one of them.

4 comments:

The Piersons said...

Oh but its sweet Abby, I'm sure she sounds absolutely adorable when she says these things. :)

We can't wait to see your kids!

mimisuu said...

Oh no! She sounds just like Bailey! I promise I haven't been letting Bailey make secret phone calls to give her tips. Just wait until she starts doing the head movement/hand movement with all the sayings.....

Natalie said...

Oh man! I thought that took a while too. Maybe it's just girls... I'm hoping!

Holly said...

That's so funny, in a bad way! Riley's also starting to say some weird things too. I think it's the age. I just want him to go back to being sweet, and not knowing how to talk back! Call me sometime!

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker