Sorry I haven't posted in awhile... we've been incredibly busy. First thing, within the space of a few weeks we decided to move, found someone to take over our lease and moved. It's been incredibly stressful and busy, but we are so happy to be getting settled. My friend Trisha referred me to a house that was near her and it was perfect! 3 bedrooms, gated backyard, close to the metro... perfect. So, last weekend we moved in and we love it. Granted, with my working all the time and Adam studying all the time we have had very little time to unpack, but we were very lucky to have Adam's dad over to help us move and my parents were here this week to help get unpacked, so we've gotten a lot more done than was expected. It was so great having them here. We've really missed being around family. Abby couldn't get enough and was really sad when everyone had to leave. I'll try and get pictures up soon.
As far as wonderful news, we have been able to make a decision regarding where Adam is going to do his internship this summer and ultimately work when he's done with school. It came down to a few firms in Denver and a firm in Dallas and we decided to go with Dallas. I wish I had copied down some of the conversations Adam and I had about it. But, in the end, family won out and we are excited to be going to Dallas to be close to Adam's brother, Aaron, and his wife, Haley and some of our friends. Plus we are only 5 hours away from Arkansas which will be great. If only I could have my family closer... it's our biggest regret. I'm so proud of Adam for working so hard to be able to get to this point, and we feel extremely blessed for the opportunities Adam has been given, especially in light of the economy. We're excited.
On to other news, Drew is now sleeping through the night, thanks to having his own bedroom, and Abby is officially potty trained. We never thought it would happen. I was sure that she'd be wearing pull-ups to kindergarten :), but she finally decided it was time. I'm a happy mommy and love my babies and husband more and more everyday.
I promise to post pictures of Halloween and other things soon....





11 comments:
Don't worry about being far from the Rhodes side too long, since Dame has Austin as his next city to move to. . . so, I'm sure we'll be heading down yonder sometime in the next few years (oh, and you've got Kris in San Antonio right now). We were planning on moving to Dallas a few years ago, so at least I know the area pretty well and won't have any qualms about moving to Texas when we do make the move (even despite its Bush legacy!).
Stoked to hear you guys are in a house! Hope to see pics of the new diggs soon! I can imagine how busy you are, so give me a jingle when you have a free moment. Love ya! T
Congrats on choosing a job offer and moving to a new place! It sounds great- 3 bedrooms and a yard! yahoo! Where is it?
Sweet! I am so excited that you'll be coming to Dallas. Let me just put a buzz in your ear for Lake Highlands area - we love it! Can't wait to talk to you.
Wow! That's great to hear that you can see that far into the future! I bet that's a nice feeling.
Your kids are adorable, by the way.
That must have been stressful coming to a desicion of where to end up- I am not looking forward to figuring that out myself. But what a relief for you guys that you did it! Congrats!
Congrats on the sleeping through the night and potty training -huge milestones! We're so glad you're closer to us now!
Haley and I are so excited!!! We cant wait and I hope you always know you will have a place to hang out here :)
Oh yea, and I def want haloween pics soon
Congratulations! That's awesome...house and internship/job!
Wow you have been busy. How exciting and somewhat relieving to know what your next step will be. I am sure you will like Texas. Yay for being potty trained, sounds like a light just clicked on and it was time. It was like that with Camille too.
I am glad you had help to move...moving with little people around is hard! I loved Texas and think you will love it. The people are honestly so friendly and kind. Alissa and Jeff have had great expereinces since they moved!!!
Glad you are in Kennsington! You will love it. I think Jake misses it the most. He had a weekly Sunday play date with all the dads in the nursery :) He enjoyed it A LOT too much!
Post a Comment