A little over a month ago we were able to go to Butler's Orchard for a Pumpkin Fest. It was a lot of fun. I never realized how much I enjoy Hay Rides. And the view was beautiful. There were slides, corn mazes, bounce houses and hay fights... we had a great time. As Abby would say, "This is the best day ever!"
Next is completely random, but I thought the were adorable pictures of Abby and Adam. She really loves spending time with her Daddy and talking to him about her day.
At Halloween time my dad came into town for a business meeting and we were so lucky to get to spend some time with him. I felt terrible because I was sick the entire time he was there, but still feel very lucky that I got to spend that time with him. Some highlights were getting a babysitter for the afternoon and going to Ben's Chili Bowl down in DC. It was extremely crowded, but so worth it. The restaurant has been opened for over 50 years. A gentleman even told us about the history of Ben's Chili Bowl which was very interesting. There is a sign in the front that says, "These are the only people that eat free: Bill Cosby, Michelle Obama and her daughters... but not the President because Bill says so... he hasn't earned it yet." Funny stuff. My dad and Adam also got to go to the spy museum, which sounded very awesome. We also discovered a new favorite... The Fractured Prune. What is that you wonder? Only the best doughnuts around. I'm not a huge doughnut person, but I've been converted. Mmmmm.... Thanks for the great visit, Daddy.

And last, DC has a lot of tress, which, in the fall, means a lot of falling leaves. It's impossible to keep up with, but the kids and I enjoy going out of the weekends to "rake" leaves. More often than not it just turns into a big leaf fight. I still remember this time last year thinking, "This time next year Drew will be out her with us going crazy just like Abby", and he was. Time really does fly.





5 comments:
Fabulous random update with great pictures. I'm so sorry that you have been so sick,that is no fun!
So cute! I love the pics of the kids in the leaves. That's no fun to be sick though. Hope you're feeling better!
Your kids are looking so cute! I love it!
Oh my gosh, those pictures are so cute! Your kids are so adorable. How are things? What have you been up to?
I know I say this everytime I comment, but your family is seriously the cutest ever. Someday it will be so fun to get together and meet everyone's kiddos. Love the little stories about Abby. She sounds like so much fun.
Love lots
Post a Comment