Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Washington Memorial

Well, now that we've decided that we will be moving as soon as school is out, I'm really wanting to get around to see everything DC has to offer. I know, it's sad that we've been here almost three years and haven't seen anything, but it's difficult when you get into a routine. So, our first outing was to go to the Washington Memorial, which we have never been up to. The weather was perfect (low 60's) and it was pretty clear with a few clouds. The views were amazing. We really will miss DC. We also went to the WW2 Memorial, which I think is beautiful, but since it's winter the fountains were emptied, so it wasn't as great as I remember it. We were hoping to make it all the way down to the Lincoln Monument, but our kids had had enough. And yes, we had only been out about an hour. It's a good thing we live here and can do things in pieces. We just watched Night and the Museum 2 for family night, and I thought Abby would have gotten a kick out of the Lincoln statue, but we'll save it for another day.

** Just a note about the blankies. Both of our children are obsessed with their blankets and refused to leave them in the stroller, so to keep them from dragging them on the ground, Adam tied them around their necks so that they could be super heroes. He's a genius.







7 comments:

bRiTtAnY said...

I'm so glad you made it there before you left! Wasn't it neat? I really want to go back, there is just so much to do!

Tracie said...

Cool pictures! So where are you moving?

The Piersons said...

DC really is an amazing place, we miss it all the time. I didn't know y'all were moving, what's going on, no one keeps us updated!

Nicole said...

Those kids are so adorable, I know I say that all the time... but I just have to tell you again.

Cynthia said...

Those pictures are beautiful!
I agree...you don't fully take advantage of a place until you are about to leave. Now that Steve's residency is winding down I have added to our list of things we have to do before we move.
Good luck wherever you end up next!! Are you guys going to Texas?!?

Day Family Blog said...

Wow did you take those pictures, you could win a contest with them. Isn't it crazy how we are more likely to go on vacation and visit the sites than to live there and visit. I can't believe you have been there for 3 years.

Dave & Chels said...

I'm going to miss Lubbock, too. (I never thought I'd say that!) But it was our home for 3 years, so I know how you feel. I'm excited to be in Dallas with you guys! It'll be a blast.

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker