Monday, November 1, 2010

Parvo





So, just 12 hours after getting our sweet little puppy, he was diagnosed with Parvo. For those of you that may be dog illiterate like me, it's pretty much close to a death sentence to these sweet puppies. It's highly contagious. It attacks the intestines and sometimes the heart, causing major diarrhea and vomiting. And just as sad is the lethargy. A puppy who should be jumping and running can barely lift it's head. This was what we saw in our sweet Jack. Even after a few hours we were very attached and were devestated by this diagnosis. We've spent the last 24 hours squirting water and pedialyte into his mouth and just cuddling with him. This video was taken tonight. We have hope that he will be able to pull through this. He was the sole survivor of his litter of ten puppies. So even though the chances are around 1 in 10 that a puppy will survive Parvo, he's done this before, and we're hoping/believing he can do it again. We hope you will all be able to meet him someday.

P.S. - Jack is Drew's biggest fan and vice versa. He's already following Drew around wanting to play with him. It's so cute. We just have to continue to teach Drew to be a little more gentle.

5 comments:

Aaron said...

Cassie, I talked to Adam yesterday and he told me about the Parvo. It absolutely broke my heart to hear. He seems like such a sweet puppy. Please let us know how he’s doing. Also, that puppy will be very lucky to get to have Drew to play with!

The Piersons said...

Please keep us updated. Aaron and I have been worried sick about that sweet little puppy. I hope everything turns out okay.

Cynthia said...

Oh that is so sad! I hope everything works out well...sounds like the puppy will be getting the best care and love possible.

Durling Fam said...

oh so cute! That video is awesome! You are a great blogger, I do have one send me your email, ddjtdurling@yahoo.com and I will send you an invite. I am not as up to date as you! So glad puppy is doing well!

Day Family Blog said...

How sad. It is amazing how quickly pets can get into your heart. I hope he pulls through.

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker