Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Award winning artist




I know it's been a long time. Sorry. I will try and catch up. I promised Abby I would post these few little tidbits though... she has become as award winning artist and has decided that on top of being a hospital doctor, mommy, babysitter and rockstar, she is going to be an artist.

First we received a phone call from her art teacher at school saying that she had won an award from the Arkansas Arts Association. Every school in the state submitted a picture from someone in each of the classes K-12 and one from each class (K-12) was chosen as best in class, and Abby won for the kindergartners. Of course, she has no idea what a big deal this is, but we are very excited to see her picture. It will be matted and framed and hung up in the Arkansas Arts Center for a month, and then there is a traveling exhibit throughout the state of Arkansas for the next year. Hopefully we'll get it when it's done, to put up in our home. Again, we've never seen it, so we're excited.

Then, a week later, we received another phone call saying that she had won the coloring contest for the newspaper. We got the paper today and it was on the front page... exciting stuff. Of course, this was more exciting for her because she could actually see it in print... and her art teacher gave her a bag of M&M's, so you can't get much better than that.
It's fun, now, seeing her confidence. She has been working at the easel with Drew trying to teach him to draw people and, for some reason, pizza's. He enjoys drawing as much as she did at this age. His favorite letter is the letter 'M' and he writes it over and over and over, and he draws the cutest people. I'll get a picture one of these days. Poor second child. I probably have every picture Abby has drawn since she was born. I'll be better. :)

5 comments:

Chelle said...

wow, that is so cool! What a talented little lady. I bet it does give her a lot of confidence to draw more. Oh, and you had asked about the stockings--my neighbor actually has a company called "Art to Heart" and she designed those stockings. Anyway, glad to hear you guys are still alive! :)

The Piersons said...

Go Abby!

mimisuu said...

When is her picture going to be at the Arts Center? I'll take the kids to go and see it. I am so proud of her!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, that's so exciting!!!

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

YAY Abby!!! And YAY Cassie for posting!!! I've been checking for weeks :)

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker