Sunday, April 27, 2008

Welcome Drew Adam Pierson to the world...








Our beautiful baby boy joined us on Wednesday, April 23rd. He was 6 lbs, 8 ounces and 19 1/2 inches. He came out barely crying and did his best to open his eyes and look at his daddy. Everything went well with my surgery and I quickly got him in my arms. He was worth everything. I just couldn't believe that he was mine and Adam's and Abby's. We are so blessed. Abby was so excited to finally meet him and just kept saying, "I love you baby, I missed you." and gave him lots of hugs and kisses. He's lucky to have such a doting big sister.

We got 3 days in the hospital and did a lot of sleeping. :) Adam and I loved switching off cuddling with him. He's been perfect so far. He almost never cries and is very patient with me. He's just so small and perfect.

I just can't stop thinking about the Plan of Salvation and the roles of families. How can anyone doubt that there is a loving Heavenly Father out there and that families are the most important, amazing responsibility that we've been given? The timing has been hard having Drew in our first year of law school and right before Adam's finals, but we can't deny the blessings and spirit that has entered our home. And Adam has been such a trooper. I am so lucky to have him as my husband.

My mom has been wonderful helping with Abby. They have had a great time together and I don't think Abby will be ready to give my mom back to my dad. We've been so lucky having her here. And I'm equally grateful to my dad for letting us loan her for two weeks. :) What would we do without moms and dads?

Abby has been great. So far I haven't seen any jealousy or acting out. She just loves her baby 'brudder'. I really hope that they grow close over the years.

Alright, I should probably get some sleep. Thank you to everyone that has congratulated us and called us. I promise to get back to everyone soon. Have a great week.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations you guys!!! So glad that everyone is doing well and that you got lucky enough to get such a good baby :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is adorable!

carly said...

Congratulations!! Drew is SO darling!! I love the picture of Abby clutching him! Adam & Cassie, you two are incredible!

Cynthia said...

Congratulations!!! He's adorable!

Trisha said...

Yay! Congrats Cassie and Adam! I'm so excited to meet him!

Crystal said...

LOVE the name, and he's ADORABLE! Congratulations!

Day Family Blog said...

Congrats! Did you know beforehand that you were going to have a C section. You probably mentioned that before and I just didn't pick up on it. Was Abby a C section also? Hope you are healing well. How fun to have a boy and a girl, I'm slightly jealous. Good luck mommy!

The Piersons said...

He is so beautiful Cassie, we are so excited for you guys. We cannot wait to see him!! Less than two weeks now!!

Clara said...

He is so precious! I'm glad everything has gone so well for you guys. Get some sleep :) and be sure to post more pics of your cute baby boy!

The Olsen's said...

Hope you are feeling better and that Drew is sleeping through the night and sleeping a good chunck of the day! Let your MOM do everything and really rest for the next two weeks...you will be abck to doing it alone soon enough!!!

Nicole said...

Congrats again and again!! He is so precious! You look amazing too! and he is getting me SO excited for our little guy!
Will you email me so I can send you an invite to our blog??? We finally went private!
jndrysdale@gmail.com
Thanks!
Nicole

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker