Thursday, May 1, 2008

Week 1

Well, our first week has been pretty fun, with a few roadblocks. Drew has been a wonderful sleeper and has a very calm, sweet personality, which has been a huge blessing to us. He loves his binkie, and that is all it takes to calm him down. Pop that binkie in and he closes his eyes and sleeps. Abby is loving being the big sister... sometimes too much. She popped a green pea in his mouth today trying to share with him. It scared me to death. I was able to get it out in time, but it just made me realize that my little helper needs to be watched a little more carefully. She's been acting out quite a bit, so I've been trying a lot harder to give her some one on one. It's amazing to me how much bigger she seems to me now.

I have been healing, and the day I started feeling better I got a rash that has spread all over my body, apparently a reaction to the antibiotics they gave me in the hospital. So, I am basically in pain and need to itch EVERYWHERE and I mean it... even my scalp, toes, back, ears... everywhere. Hopefully it will go away soon.

Adam is still studying hard getting through his finals. We don't get to see him very much but are grateful for the time we are given. My mom is still here helping a ton (I could never have done this without her help) and Adam's parents are here for the week taking a lot of time with Abby, which she loves.

Oh, Drew had his one week appointment today. He's gained a few ounces and is looking good. He has a small murmer that we're keeping an eye on, but other than that, a happy sweet baby. Enjoy a few pictures and the video.



Abby loves being a big sister
Nana, Abby and Drew
Drew at one week (our little old man)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aahh...He looks so sweet! You're lucky to have your mom there why Adam's in finals. Gavin was pretty busy with tests when we had Caden, and I remember how un-fun it was. Congratulations again, hope you feel better soon.

Rhodes Trip said...

Dude, Adam isn't THAT old!! HAHA! I swear Drew is a spiting image of Adam. Such a cutie-pa-tootie. Oh, don't let Adam know I think he's a "cutie-pa-tootie", well, okay you can tell him!

I have always thought Abby was a mini you, so that's so adorable that both of them have mirrored their corresponding parent—gender wise that is.

Camo looks like Dame, Colin looks like me and I have numerous friends who's children followed the same pattern.

I've always wondered what I would have looked like as a boy!! Now, hopefully he won't bleach his hair in high school, or I will REALLY get freaked out that I'd be looking at myself in a mirror!!

Love ya guys, and only 2 more weeks from today—YIPPEEEEEE!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations on your beautiful new baby boy! What a treasure. Good luck with recovery and your new little life.

Day Family Blog said...

I hope that you get over your itching soon. Have you ever had a reaction to antibiotics before. I am glad that he is sleeping well for you, hope it lasts and you can be a well rested mommy. He is a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! He is beautiful! I hope Adam made it through finals okay and that you are all doing well. Looking forward to seeing you soon so our little guys can become best friends! (Or at least they can make old man faces at each other!)

LittleFamilyJL said...

Hey guys! Drew is so adorable!!! Congratulations to you and your kin!

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker