The weather was great today (high 50s with sunshine), so we decided to go to the zoo with Emily, Isabelle and Noah and had a great time. I've never seen Abby so excited to see fish before. She loved making fish faces and pointing out all the turtle. Here are some pictures of our outing.
Abby has been really fun/exasperating as a new three year old. Things that seem to have changed overnight...
1. She has to do EVERYTHING for herself from pouring her cereal, putting away her dishes, breaking the eggs for her breakfast, brushing her teeth, putting in her DVD's, play her computer preschool games, etc.... It's nice to see her get more independent, but it takes about five times as long to get anything done. She really is teaching me patience. :)
2. She loves to cook.
3. Everything is grandiose... "you're my best friend in the whole wide world", "that's the biggest fish I've ever seen!", "I want the biggest, best watermelon piece", "this is the worst owie ever".
4. Emotions are very dramatic. If she's happy she's very happy, if she's upset, she will mope and cry until comforted and she can keep it up forever.
5. For a few days I became "mom" and Adam was "dad" and I was so sad. I really missed hearing "mommy", but then it ended as quick as it came and I'm mommy again. Hopefully it will stay for awhile.
6. She loves to play pretend, but doesn't like her "identity" switched for too long. Once we watch a show or listen to scripture scouts we have to pretend to be one of the characters. But as soon as I call her Unique (for example) she'll stop me and say, "you're silly, I'm just Abby." Oh, okay.
It's really been fun watching her grow up. Oh, one last thing. The baby has been having a lot of hiccups lately, so Abby has been able to feel him. She loves it and cannot wait for him to join our family. This is such a great spacing because she is really understanding what is going on. I'm excited to introduce them to each other.










2 comments:
Noah and Brady are 2 years and 9 mos. apart. I thought that almost 3 year gap was just right. Noah was just old enough to be helpful, but independent enough to not need my constant attention like a younger toddler would. And now we just found out that we're going to be able to test the three year gap again! We're expecting right around Reagan's 3rd birthday! We're quite shocked because this wasn't planned, but the boys are so excited, especially Noah.
Mom and Dad, huh? Well, just wait until she's calling you Cassie and Adam instead! Camryn interchanges our "Mom" and "Dad" titles with "Taryn" and "Dame" (yes, DAME!) all the time!! Sometimes she'll throw in a "Dada", but only if she's trying to sweeten up to Dame for some request of hers. She's very ingenious. . . or maybe just devious? She's a riot all the time!
Post a Comment