I got to have this week off, which was so great. I unpacked a little more, organized things already unpacked and ran arou
At the end of the week, once Adam finished, we had the chance to go to Hershey, PA for a small family vacation with our good friends Trisha and Zack and their kids. Abby and Naomi are BFF's and can't get enough of each other. We drove up Friday night and after we got settled went to Hershey's Chocolate World and took a fun tour and learned how they make chocolate. Abby loved the singing cows the best. Then we walked around the store where the girls got to sit on Santa's knee and tell him what they wanted. Abby looked ready to bolt the entire time, but stayed on his lap, which is a first. In previous years she would get up all her courage and then freak out as soon as we got up to Santa, but we had success this year. I think she just has a healthy fear of strangers. :)
The next day we went to Candyland. And despite the fact that it felt like it was 19 degrees, we had a great time. There were a lot of fun rides for the girls, and the adults even got to go on a fun ride. The girls even got to see Santa's reindeer. It looked like it would be a really fun park in the summer, and it was really decently priced, so we might be back when the weather heats up.
So all in all we had a great time! We hope to take a few more trips in the next year so that we can see the east coast while we're here. It's been a great experience.
(I have the worst time posting things on here. Sorry it looks so messy.)





4 comments:
Looks like a fun trip, I've always wanted to go there.
Good for you guys to venture out into the cold and having a fun trip. Merry Christmas.
Sounds like loads of fun! But then, I think anything with chocolate involved is guaranteed fun.
I know what you mean about the pictures. I have a hard time with that too. Because of that, I usually just upload mine in the largest size and in the center.....Blogger definitely needs someone to work on their formatting.
Merry Christmas to you guys!
Hershey was in Terron's mission, so when we went back to visit we HAD to stop there, too! Our matching Hershey sweatshirts are our absolute faves, but overall my favorite part of the trip was the smell of chocolate just driving into town. I'd be seriously overweight if we lived there!
Post a Comment