For Christmas Eve Adam had us make cookies for Santa, which Abby of course loved doing. Drew just wanted icing. After that we did the nativity. Adam and Drew were shepherds/angels/Joseph/wise men, Abby was Mary and her baby doll was Jesus, and I was the donkey, complete with a Lion tail and bat ears. We read the nativity story in Matthew and Luke. The kids loved it. I was dying laughing at Adam's getup. What a nut.
Christmas morning was great. Adam got a fire going and put on music for us, and I took the kids downstairs. Abby told Santa that she wanted a bike, and that is what she got. She was very excited. She also got a barbie house and hasn't stopped playing with it since. Drew got some fun toys that light up and play music. He's actually played with them more than once. :)
Adam was very sweet and got me a GPS. We decided to try it out and go to the Walmart that I always get lost going to. It turned out that the address they had in the GPS sent us several miles out of the way to a Walmart that had been closed, and then didn't have the address of the one we originally planned on because it was too new. So, our first trip wasn't a huge success, but it's been great since. It will be especially helpful once we go to Dallas and on our weekend trips we're hopefully going to be taking during Adam's third year.
And the rest of our vacation has been spent entertaining our children. Drew is getting more mobile and into more "trouble", and Abby has wanted to play Barbie, so we've been taking turns with that one. It's just been great having Adam around and being together as a family. We hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a Happy New Year.





4 comments:
cute costumes for your Christmas nativity!
Great idea to get a GPS, especially for big cities like DC and Dallas.
Drew looks great as shepherd. I can't wait until next year when we are staying home for Christmas and we can start doing our own Christmas pageant.
Your nativity pictures are so cute! I love it!
very fun!
Post a Comment