Saturday, October 3, 2009

Abby's artwork

Abby has always loved to draw and color and it's been so fun to see her imagination coming out in her "artwork". She'll sit a piece of paper in front of me and tell me to draw something and all I can think of is the exact same thing I drew as a kid... a mountain with flowers... very generic. She is of course gracious and tells me what a good job I'm doing, and then breaks out with these...


This is her family, holding hands getting ready to pick apples. Apparently the wind is blowing pretty hard. She's really excited to go to the apple orchard next week. (Don't ask me why my face is crossed out. She was probably mad at me.) Oh, and Trisha, this is for Naomi... hence the Naomi. We'll mail it ASAP.
She went through a phase where she drew Drew without arms. She loves to draw flowers. And if you can't tell, she wants curly hair.Now this one was pretty creative. We are at the beach, but Drew is a baby and Adam is holding him. We haven't been to the beach together for a long time, so that's probably why she made Drew as a baby. I asked her what the blue scribbles were up by the sun, and she said that the sun was playing the trumpet.

Pay attention to all the bling. She made sure that we had earrings (even though she will not even get close to getting her ears pierced) rings, bracelets, necklaces and headbands. And I love the lips. I guess we're going out for a night on the town. Adam and I went out on a date the other night and told Abby that she was to stay in bed until she went to sleep and not bother the sitter. She got bored, so she copied this book. I couldn't believe that she had written that (I know, bad mommy), so she quickly produced a second copy. She's amazes me sometimes, ok, most of the time. What a fun girl.

2 comments:

mimisuu said...

Don't you just love the uninhibited mind of a child? It allows for such great creativity! I really miss you guys.

The Piersons said...

What a talented child, so fun to see how creative she is!

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker