Sunday, January 25, 2009

9 Months Old




Drew turned 9 months this past week, and I know I say this every time, but I don't know where the time has gone! He's growing into such a little boy. I took him to the doctor this week and he has hit all his milestones really well and was weighed in... he's still a lot smaller than the doctor would like to see him, but he's happy and healthy.

Fun milestones for this month:
  • He's still scooting all over this place, but has now perfected a "downward facing dog" yoga pose to go with it. I think he must think it feels really good because he does it all the time.
  • He is really good with his pincher grasp and now enjoys sharing his snacks with us as well.
  • He started doing a backwards wave this past week... he won't do it for us on demand, but when we're with other people, especially strangers, he gives them his cute hello wave.
  • He gave us real hugs this week. Of course Adam got the first one and it was so cute. He also hugged me a few days ago and patted my back. I still remember Abby doing that to me. It must be a mimicking thing, because that's what I do when I hug him. So sweet.
  • He now walks holding onto our fingers. I think it's a long way coming that he'll be doing it on his own.
  • He loves sticking his tongue in between his lips and blowing. He thinks it's the greatest noise ever.
  • He laughs and smiles with everyone and anyone. He's one of the most social babies I know. He and I went on a trip to AR this past weekend and he had everyone on the plane enchanted (if you can use that word with a boy).
  • He and his big sister still love each other like crazy.
We continually feel blessed to have him in our family.

3 comments:

LittleFamilyJL said...

Happy 9 month birthday Drew! You are a cutie-pa-tootie!

Spencer said...

What a beautiful boy! You guys have the greatest family.

Nicole said...

Happy 9 months! Can you believe they are already so close to turning 1???!!! I can't and when I think about it I want to cry. It is going WAAAAY to fast for me! Drew is such a darling darling baby. (can you say that about a boy?!) Seriously, so cute and doing so many fun things.
Looks like you guys are having so much fun!

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker