Monday, January 5, 2009

Explaining Nashville 2010

So, one of our New Year's resolutions is to run a marathon in Nashville in 2010. Now, Adam is already quite the runner and I... am not. It has been a really long time. So we both got Nike plus' for a really good deal and are now starting our "training". I have to start at the very beginning from walking to running. So, today was my first day of training, but it gets dark WAY before I get home from work, so I wondered how I was going to get my 15 minute walk in (yes, that is the very first training day... wimpy, but necessary) with 3 kids without stopping every 20 seconds to pick up a stick, walk on a wall or talk to a squirrel. My solution was Drew in the baby bjorn and the girls in the double stroller and off we went to the park in 30 degree weather. So, Drew is 17 lbs and the girls together are about 50-60 pounds, plus the stroller... I was dying going up those hills, but I did it. And even though I walked an 18 minute mile, I did it. However, tomorrow I will just get up early and do it on my own. I love my kids and Claire, but I prefer my ipod in my ears and pushing my own weight around.

I just wanted to explain the mini's to the right. It's our motivation. :) Good luck with all your resolutions. :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you guys!! A marathon is definitely a good goal to help you get in shape :)

Day Family Blog said...

Wow what a goal. I had that idea once, but then I got pregnant again and realized it just wasn't going to work. But good luck I am sure you will do fine since you are starting early :)

Nicole said...

Wow!! I am so impressed! good luck. I wish I lived right by you..we could be running buddies. I think I'm about where you are. ;) But you'll be passing me up quickly because I refuse to run in the winter. Instead i'm doing the eliptical machine which isn't quite the same. Oh well.
AND...I have been such a slacker in checking out your blog lately! Your kids are getting so big and so cute. Can you believe how old our babies are? It's going way too fast the second time!!!
Sorry to hear about your new years...but you taught me something good from it too: I need to prepare! yikes.
Love ya lots

Unknown said...

That is so cool you guys are planning to run a marathon!!! I just started a workout plan this morning and one part of it was the walking - YOu so beat me!!!! I walked a little over a mile in 25 minutes!!! I guess we all have to start with baby steps....who knows maybe I will get there and meet you two in Nashville....ummm maybe not!!!

LittleFamilyJL said...

Wow! Very impressive indeed. Best of luck to you both!

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Way to go Cassie. Seriously though invest in a treadmill. I have never regretted mine. Except those times when I wanted the excuse:) I know you will have to train outside but with 3 kids to look after it can only make life easier.

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker