Sunday, March 8, 2009

Blue Blankie

I don't know that I've ever blogged about blue blankie... Abby's luvy. My mom gave her this blanket when she was just a few weeks old and she has had it ever since. Several of the pictures we take include blue blankie. Actually, more specifically it the tag "taggie" that is loved. She hangs onto this tag and sucks on her thumb. We thought she'd grow out of it, but apparently she's becoming more attached as time goes on. He's filthy and holey but she wouldn't have it any other way.

So, yesterday Abby came in bright and early and I was still really tired, so I asked her to go use the bathroom and get herself dressed, which she did... too quickly. I wasn't ready to get up. So I said, why don't you go into the fridge and get yourself a pancake and look at a book. About 15 minutes later I realized that I hadn't heard her, so I went into the kitchen and heard her talking to someone. This video is what I saw. She had "made" breakfast for her and blankie and set it out on the floor, complete with utencils, and was talking to him about their day. So cute. Obviously, I should be very worried that she was getting out knived and was eating on the floor, but whatever. She loves to be self sufficient. Our almost 4 year old...

5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Good job Abby! The only part that looks scary to me is the syprup and the mess it would make.

Aaron said...

That is the most adorable thing I have ever seen.

Day Family Blog said...

Oh she is too cute. Funny how she is becoming more instead of less attached. You may have to burn it some day like the burn the woobie in Mr. Mom.

The Piersons said...

What a cutie, I love that she was talking to her blankie and made i breakfast!!

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

LOL! Awesome

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker