So, every day on our way to and from work for the past year and a half we have listened to scriptures scouts... Abby won't let me listen to anything different, which is fine, I guess. Every once in awhile I get some pretty funny questions from her. Today we were listening about Noah and she said,
"Mommy, who makes elephants?"
"Jesus and Heavenly Father."
"Who made Drew?"
"Heavenly Father and Jesus."
"Who made the trees?"
"Heavenly Father and Jesus."
and on and on... you get the picture. Then,
"Mommy, who made bugs?"
"Heavenly Father and Jesus."
"Do they love them?"
"I believe they love everything they've created."
"Even the stingy ones?"
"Even the stingy ones."
Then silence...
"Well Mommy. I really think that someone should tell that to Daddy."
"Why?"
"Because, he killed a bug in my room last week!"
A girl after my dad's heart. When I was younger and I remember that my dad wouldn't kill a thing. We once had to put the guest bathroom out of commission because a daddy long legs had made a web nest in there and we couldn't disturb it until the babies had hatched... no joke. I thought it was very cool of my dad, and now, very understanding of my mom.
I explained to Abby that her Daddy was trying to protect her and that seemed to satisfy her. I just love seeing the way she thinks and makes connections.





8 comments:
Oh that is too cute. Love to see the wheels in their heads turn and it always takes an unexpected turn doesn't it. I can't believe you Dad turned over the guest room to the spiders, too funny.
I hope we aren't punished for killing Heavenly Father's stingy creations because I am definitely guilty!! ;) What a cutie.
Oh,too sweet. It is amazing what they pick up!
That is so funny! I guess I need to repent too. I'm fairly certain I stepped on an ant yesterday.
Hi Cassie,
I don't know if you saw my comment I left a couple weeks or so ago. Your mom gave my mom your blog info so I have been checking in on you I hope thats ok. We also listen to scripture scouts in the car, my kids love them. What a fun mom you are!
Love,
Nicole (Cox) Martin
Okay that is just too cute. I love how little kids think.
hahahaha!!! I love that story!! She's adorable!
Man...that little girl has the best quotes. You should write a book.
Post a Comment