Monday, April 20, 2009

Drew's pre-birthday and a sad day

Saturday started out as a sad day. I took the kids to the park to meet up with Trisha and Naomi, and after having been there about 20 seconds Abby came running up to me with blood running down her mouth, screaming. She had tripped and it looked like she had knocked out her top tooth. After clearing the blood away I found out that she had knocked that tooth clear up into her gum. Weird, right? Apparently it happens all the time. But anyways, we're dealing with a sad infection on the side of her face now and are just hoping that that tooth will come back down. In the meantime we have a sad snaggle-tooth. This is Adam comforting her. There is no one better for the job.
This is our sweet baby with the same love of tags that Abby has. Abby has to have THE tag though, whereas Drew is not a respecter of tags. Any tag will do. It doesn't matter if it's on a scarf, doll, blanket or towel. He takes them all and his thumb goes right into his mouth.

OK, so it wasn't super fancy, but since Adam was able to come home early on Saturday (because of Abby's need for comfort) I jumped on it and had an impromptu birthday party for Drew, complete with a brownie birthday cake, poor kid. I'll write more about his milestones on his real birthday, but here are a few videos. Please excuse the shakiness of the videos.

5 comments:

Aaron said...

Could there be a better Dad in the world than Adam?

Day Family Blog said...

OUCH!! So is it possible for the tooth to come back down and stay in? I have never heard of a tooth getting pushed back in, it doesn't sound fun. Hope the infection goes away.

carly said...

I agree with Aaron, you are a great dad. And Cassie, you are an incredible mother. What a cute family!

Brian said...

What a sad experience...at least you can tell Abby that she and Isaac have matching "teeth lines" now...he knocked out his front tooth a few years ago!

Nicole said...

OUCH!!! that seriously sounds SO painful. Poor girl! I can't believe DRew is already 1...what a cute cute boy! Your kiddos are both just so darling. Love all the funny things Abby says!

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker