Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring is here... right?













This morning on our way to work Abby looked out the window and said, "Spring is here... yeah!" And I couldn't agree more, but the rest of the day turned out to be very grey and windy. The first official day of spring is on Abby's birthday, so we'll cross our fingers that it actually means something. To Abby is means more time at the park, to me it means leaves on the trees and flowers and I'm really looking forward to the cherry blossom festival. The last two times we were in DC we missed it by 1 or 2 weeks, so I'm glad to be here for it this time. We heard the festival is a lot of fun. Has anyone been?

Abby has had a ton of fun the past few weeks spending some time with her friends. My friend, Trisha, just had her new baby boy so we've been able to spend some more time with her daughter, Naomi. Abby has loved it. We've also been with Em, Isabelle and Noah a lot. Today Abby let me know that her little brother's name was Noah. It actually is on our list so we'll see. She's just been growing up more and more. She's also had a little cough this week, but the hardest thing for her is that she can't sing. Then I'll have her cough and she'll say, "La, la la laaaaa... yeah I can sing!" Sweet girl.




This video should offer a nice little flashback to my parents. I danced the same way when I was Abby's age. It's so funny. Oh, Abby told me yesterday that I was her best friend in the whole wide world. I know she won't always feel that way, but it was fun hearing it.

Adam has had eye trouble again this week. It's an especially hard injury for him because reading is EVERYTHING in law school and he can't do anything other than laying down in a dark apartment. We hope he gets better soon. Abby has kind of had a hard time with it because when he covers his eye it scares her because she thinks he looks like a pirate. She's had a thing about pirates lately.

And last, we're really looking forward to Abby's third birthday this week. She had looked forward to it for the past month and talks about it everyday. We've decided to make a bunny cake that looks like something I might be capable of and Abby is excited to help out with. Since her birthday is so close to easter we decided to do an easter theme and have an easter egg hunt and stuff like that. She's very excited. I'll post pictures this weekend.

4 comments:

Rhodes Trip said...

That was HI-larious! I think Dame has your dance performance transferred over from the VHS to digital, so maybe we can do a split screen capture of both of you guys showing off your moves! If I'm mistaken and we don't have it, you could just reenact it for us. What?! Does 33 weeks pregnant pose a problem for you pull off some of those high leg kicks?!! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple months. Count down is on!

carly said...

Cassie, I would love to come for Abby's party! Do you know what time? What can I bring?--don't say nothing.

The Piersons said...

What a dancer! Love the video. We are so sad we have to miss Abby's birthday. It sounds like it is going to be so much fun. I can't believe she is 3. I can't wait to see pictures of everything.

carly said...

Perfect! I will be there at 4:30 Sunday with a big green salad. Thanks so much for inviting me!

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker