Saturday, March 1, 2008

He did it!

Well, it's confirmed and Adam was offered a job with the DC firm Cooley, Godward and Kronish. We are so excited. I'm especially excited because it means that I get to have him around for the summer. :) For the first time, basically in the 4 years of our marriage, I am guaranteed to be able to see him at the end of the day and have him on the weekends. We get to go swimming and have picnics... we're planning on going camping and going to movies in the park. I can't wait. Granted, I have to keep reminding myself that we will have a brand new baby and a three year old, and I am still working until 7 every night, but it will be fun. I might actually get to see some of the DC area other than my commute and the park up the street. :)

The opportunity he's been given with this job is also very rare for a first year, so we've really been counting our blessings. It just occurs to me over and over how much the Lord has blessed us and watches out for us. He really does know what we need before we even ask. We never thought something like the this would be possible, and He's made it possible. I think I'll start doubling my fast offerings. :)

Other than that things are good. Abby has been sick this week, which is always very sad for us as parents, but she's been feeling a lot better today. She said two very cute things tonight. We were all in the car on the way back from grocery shopping and she was pretending to fish with her shoe laces. She kept telling us that she was getting whales and would say, "Whoa, this is a big one!" Then she says, "Yea, I just caught a halibut!" Adam and I were speechless. Where in the world did she learn the word "halibut"? They really are sponges. Then after we got home she was eating a Popsicle in the kitchen while I was doing the dishes. She said, "Thanks for the polysicle, Mommy." I said, "You're welcome. Can you say POPsicle?" She says back, "Yeah, can you say polysicle?" I said, "No. POP-sicle" She says, "POLY-sicle." And on and on it went. Apparently she's tired of me telling her how to pronounce things and wants it done her way. She's definitely independent. I'm curious to see if her brother will take after her.

Have a great week, everyone.

8 comments:

LittleFamilyJL said...

Hey guys. I just hopped over to your blog and read your great news! Congratulations on the job! That is fantastic! Please remember us when you are wealthy . . . We will be the one's still living in the Wash-Hut.

The Olsen's said...

Congratulations on the great summer job! I sure hope that the good luck is contagious!!!

Rhodes Trip said...

So, I wouldn't be a REAL sister if I didn't say "I told you so!!!" So stoked to hear about the rad job op, and you will flip to hear that I have actually set up a blog, http://rhodestrip.blogspot.com/, which I am in desperate need of help on the layout design—ugh! Hopefully I'll update it in the next day or so. Love ya and miss ya—Taryn

The Piersons said...

Congrats again to Adam, he'll do so great. Okay so y'all will be out there on the 10th. When is the wedding? Hopefully it will work to see you before we go back. I have to see how much time off work I can get. We get in early on the 11th.

Nicole said...

Congrats congrats!! That is so exciting. What a fun new chapter in your lives! Good luck with everything. I love catching up with you :) Abby is so cute.
love ya

The Piersons said...

Yes we get back early on the 11th. I was planning on taking the friday before we left off so we could spend the weekend with you guys before we left but now i'll see if I can get the Monday off after instead so we can atleast spend sunday and monday with you guys. We won't miss you guys, we're dying to see y'all.

carly said...

Congratulations Adam!! That is fantastic!! I'm so excited for you! And how adorable is Abby?! So funny. Oh and Cassie I would love to come to her birthday party, just let me know when :)

Day Family Blog said...

Congrats on the job. Is this like a semi permanent job? I mean are you going to be out there for a few more years, or is this just a short term job? He is still in school, isn't he? I can't wait for summer either, but I haven't started making plans yet.

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker