Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sweet babies

I am constantly amazed by how similar Drew and Abby are. They look alike, they have hit milestones within days of each other, and their temperaments are very similar. I've discovered a new similarity. For those of you that know Abby well, you know how much she loves her blankie, and more specifically "taggie". In the last few months Drew has become very attached to his blankie as well, and more specifically, his "taggie". But it goes further than that. Abby loves to smell her tag. No matter how smelly or dirty, it's comforting, somehow. Well, Drew was upset this morning, so I found his tag for him, and first thing he did was put it up to his nose and inhale slowly, then closed his eyes and sucked on his thumb. It's like heroine. But it calmed him down. Weird, right?

Drew's personality is also coming out a lot more and he is such a sweet, tender boy. For example, the past few days Abby has accidentally hit him, or something, and has gone off screaming the second I ask what happened. Yesterday Drew and Abby were playing in the bathroom, and she shut the door on him. Hard. You know the cry, when they are really hurt... that was the cry. So anyways, Abby, of course, runs off crying, making a huge dramatic scene. I was more interested in comforting Drew and his growing bump, before going and talking to Abby about how her fits aren't appropriate. Well, while he is screaming, Drew recognizes that Abby is crying, so he crawls out of my lap, stands up (still crying) and stumbles out into the hall and over to Abby's bed and puts his arms around her legs. He's always so worried about her when she's crying. The other day she was crying because I told her to stop stealing Drew's toys, so she ran in her room screaming. I went in to talk to her about it and Drew kept coming in giving her little pieces of his toy. Piece by piece. So adorable.

They are both so loving and I am so grateful. The video is the beginning of scripture study for the night. Abby chose her favorite song, "Teach Me to Walk in the Light", and Drew loves helping her direct. It was too cute not to tape.

5 comments:

Aaron said...

I am going to save this video and watch it everytime I have a bad day. Unbelievable.

Natalie said...

What cute stories! Your kids are adorable!

Day Family Blog said...

What sweet hearts. I love that Drew forgets about his ownpain to soothe Abby's fit. Maddie has done that for Camille a time or two. So funny that the smell of their blanket calms them, too funny.

The Piersons said...

Love that story, sweet, sweet kids.

Lynsey said...

Love the stories!

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker