Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Why does he love me?

This is when I know there have been way too many princess movies being watched at our house...

Maybe I should preface a little. Abby has had her first friend, who is a boy, this summer. We've been really lucky to be close to a good friend that I grew up with while we've been in Dallas this summer. Caden and Abby have gotten along really well. Last night, when we parted ways for the last time we said, "Alright guys, give each other a hug and say Bye." So Abby comes running up, arms open, and a huge pucker on her lips. Caden gave her a hug and then proceeded to push her a way. He wasn't about to be kissed. Oh, she tried to play Sleeping Beauty with him yesterday as well. She wanted to dress him up like a prince in her daddy's clothes. That didn't go over very well either. Now follows the conversation this morning...

Ab: Why does Caden love me?

Me: Did Caden tell you he loves you?

Ab: Yes.

Me: Well, he probably loves you because you're a friend. Just like you love Naomi or Claire.

Ab: No, I think he loves me because he wants to marry me. He's in love with me.

Me: Oh really?

Ab: But I don't know what to do, because I'm supposed to marry Drew?

Me: Umm...

Ab: But what about Caden... or maybe I'll marry a friend I haven't met yet.

Me: Yep, that's probably what will happen. You're not getting married for a very long time.

Ab: Who will I marry? (dreamy eyes)

Oh geesh. No more princesses.

6 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

These little 4 year olds are already way too old. I love that she is already excited and wants to know who she will marry, she is too cute.

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! Looks like teenage years are going to be a blast. :) Hope you are doing well, Cassie!

The Olsen's said...

Wowzer!!! I love how you just let her talk her way through most of that. Whew! You are right those disney princesses have got to go!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing. abby did tell me that caden told her he loved her when they were playing bowling. She was all dreamy eyed when she shared the info with me. it was hilarious. however i think she might have been using her imagination as I cant really see caden saying that since he pushed her away when she tried to kiss him. I am going to ask caden tomorrow if he wants to marry abby and i'll let you know what he says.
don't you just love this little preview of when she's going to be a teenager.

Holly said...

Oh my gosh, that is so cute! Riley still thinks and says he's going to marry Abby too, so she better watch out! I wish we could have visited you and Ruth (and Brooke?) in Texas. We would have had fun! Did you live by Brooke? Miss you!

Anonymous said...

so here's the follow up of what caden said; i was totally surprised.

me: Caden, abby says she loves you and she wants to marry you.

Caden: (excitedly) she does? I love her too.

me: do you want to marry her too?

caden: oh yes?

me: do you want to marry mommy?

caden: yes, and brynlee too.

Abby's B-Dag

Lilypie

Drew's B-Day

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Anniversary ticker

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker